COTA Karting Leagues
COTA KARTING LEAGUES
FALL SEASON REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
GIVE US A CALL AT 512.655.6301 TO BOOK YOUR SPOT WHILE SEATS LAST!
**Save 10% on league costs when you purchase the season in full
Duke it out for on-track supremacy in a Grand Prix style showdown, complete with podium ceremonies and on-going championship standings! When you join the COTA Karting League, you and up to fourteen other racers will compete weekly over the course of a six-week race season. Each league night includes two qualifying sessions and one final heat with points distributed based on finishing position.
Competition takes place in our CHAMP class, the crown jewel of COTA Karting with speeds up to 55MPH. Drivers must be at least 16 years old and hold a valid drivers license to participate. Check out the karting classes below.
League: Supercharged FAQ
- How much does the full league season cost? - $375
- What if I can't make all league nights but still want to participate? - Single day entries can be purchased for $69
- What can we expect on a wildcard race day? - Varying track configuration
- Why will we have wildcard race days? - To alleviate any home track advantage for our regular league participants
- What are the upgraded prizes? - You must win to find out
LIGHT WEIGHT CLASS
MEDIUM WEIGHT CLASS
HEAVY WEIGHT CLASS
Light Weight Class (racers under 150 pounds) competes on Thursdays beginning August 29 and running until October 24. League nights begin promptly at 7PM with a mandatory drivers meeting before heading out on track.
RACE DATES: August 29; September 12, 26; October 03, 17, 24
Medium Weight Class (racers from 150 to 190 pounds) competes on Thursdays beginning August 29 and running until October 24. League nights begin promptly at 7PM with a mandatory drivers meeting before heading out on track.
RACE DATES: August 29; September 12, 26; October 03, 17, 24
Heavy Weight Class (racers over 190 pounds) competes on Wednesdays beginning August 28 and running until October 23. League nights begin promptly at 7PM with a mandatory drivers meeting before heading out on track.
RACE DATES: August 28; September 11, 25; October 02, 16, 23
WELCOME TO THE 2019 FALL SEASON
A Grand Prix style showdown, complete with podium ceremonies and on-going championship standings! You and up to fourteen other racers will compete in a six-night race season. Competition takes place in our CHAMP karts. Drivers must be at least 16 years old and hold a valid driver’s license or have set a qualified lap time to participate.
Each league night includes:
- Weigh-In) Drivers Meeting/Wildcard reveal
- QUALIFYING) Best lap wins, 10 min session
- SPRINT) Standing start*, 12 lap* race for position: grid set* by Qualifying
- FINAL) Standing start*, 15 lap* race for position: grid set by finish order of the sprint.
- Podium ceremony.
Here is what’s new this season:
- Only one class may be declared for championship consideration per season.
- Single round entries may be purchased for $69. Drivers must declare, pay, and complete in at least 4 rounds for championship consideration.
- Un-declared participants must fit weight restrictions and start from the back in position races.
- F1 Style Points System
- *Wildcard? - Varying track configurations and/or other unpredictable things!
- Why have wildcards? - To alleviate any home track advantage for our long-time league participants. What are the upgraded prizes? - You must win to find out, but they are different/improved
*number of laps, number of sprints, grid order, start location/standing vs rolling, etc. subject to wildcard effects.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Only one category may be declared per customer for points and prizes. Heavy Weight League is only for drivers over 190lbs.
- Un-declared participants must weigh over 190lb and start from the back in position races.
- Weights verified at drivers meeting, and finish of the night.
- Please arrive fifteen minutes prior to Weigh-In. If you are late your spot may be sold.
- No refunds are issued for missed sessions, underperforming karts, or inclement weather.
- All racers will attend the drivers meeting before hitting the track. Please adhere to any instructions prior to and during your race.
- Close toe shoes, Closed face helmets, and neck braces are required for all racers.
- No bumping in corners (bump drafting is allowable on straights prior to corner entry.)
- No reckless/dangerous/un-sportsman like driving will be tolerated.
- Consumption of alcohol before driving is strictly prohibited.
- Poor behavior or foul language will result in loss of karting privileges.
- Participants must abide by all Flags and Digital flag guidelines.
- All drivers must come to a slow, controlled stop on track if the red flag or red lights are shown.
- No passing under caution (Yellow) or Red conditions.
- No cutting the course (if forced off course you must re-enter track safely with minimal impact to those on track)
- Track limits are the “outside” white line. Four wheels IN the red is allowable but touching the outside white or clipping apex barrier is exceeding track limits. If an advantage is gained, you must slow to give up position or to prevent a fraudulent lap time. Failure to comply will be penalized harshly.
- Track limits not enforced at exit of turn 8 and turn 15.
- Crossing the timing loop is your responsibility.
- Do not exit the kart until instructed to do so, and do not remove safety gear until clear of track or pit lane.
MIDDLE WEIGHT CLASS STANDINGS
Alex Herndon - 43
Chris Barnes - 31
Sean Dikovics - 30
Honey badger Jr - 23
Juan Sanchez - 22
Kruin olsen-Hodges - 15
The Monster - 12
Levi Putman - 8
David Bernazal - 7
Kyle Coffman - 4
Ricardo Lombardo - 4
Robert Klem - 2
Manuel Lechuga - 1
Sam Suter - 0
HEAVY WEIGHT CLASS STANDINGS
Ryan Bayless - 37
Richard Spiegel - 33
Christian Taylor - 26
Ian Armstrong - 25
Evengy Serebryakov - 18
James McCabe - 15
Kevin Houle - 12
Kevin West - 10
Michael Judkins - 6
Jerald Coffman - 4
Bryan Hisey - 2