Circuit of The Americas and Austin360 Amphitheater are more than just a home for unique and exhilarating experiences. They have also become a major economic driver in Central Texas.
Since its announcement in 2010, Circuit of The Americas has had a cumulative economic impact of $5 billion on the Austin metropolitan area. More than 1 million people from all over the world and from all 50 states attend COTA events each year.
Circuit of The Americas' economic impact by the numbers:
- $5 billion: COTA's cumulative economic impact on the Austin metro area.
- $423 million: Direct visitor spending injected into Austin-area businesses during COTA events.
- $306 million: Annual payroll for Austin-area workers attributable to COTA's annual activities and operations.
- $53.2 million: State tax surplus created by tax revenue generated by COTA events
- $810 million: Economic impact attributed directly to COTA operations.
- $3.1 billion: Economic impact for all other major sporting events, including F1, MotoGP, X Games, and more.
- $36 million: Economic impact of concerts and events at Austin360 Amphitheater.
- $14 million: Economic impact of track rentals and other miscellaneous events.
- 46,100: Jobs supported by COTA's annual activities and operations.