2016 Formula 1 USGP Concert Guide
Posted on October 14, 2016
Welcome to Circuit of The Americas for the 2016 Formula 1 United States Grand Prix! With many of you visiting for the Taylor Swift and Usher & The Roots concerts taking place over USGP weekend, we wanted to give you the scoop on how things will work. Below is all the information you'll need to get in the gate and have the time of your life.
WHERE TO GO
Parking lots open at 7AM on Saturday and Sunday for those who have have purchased a parking pass. If you have not, on-site parking is now sold out, but you can still purchase a shuttle pass to get here. No vehicles will be permitted on COTA Blvd without a valid parking pass.
Gates to the Circuit open at 8AM Saturday, 9AM Sunday. Track activity will continue throughout both days before ending at 4:35PM on Saturday, 4PM on Sunday. The gates to the Super Stage are tentatively slated to open at 5:30PM, however this time is subject to change due to the logistics of converting a Formula 1 track to a concert venue.
- General Admission - GA guests will enter the Super Stage area from Turn 9 and Turn 11.
- VIP and Upgrade - Standing Room Only and Bleacher Upgrades will enter from Turn 12.
The following items will not be permitted inside the gates of Circuit of The Americas during the Formula 1 USGP. In addition to items specifically listed here, other items that may be deemed to present a potential hindrance or threat may also be prohibited.
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Animals (exception for certified service animals)
- Aerosol cans
- Bags, parcels, or backpacks larger than 12X12X20 inches
- Battery packs for lights embedded in clothing
- In an effort to keep all of our guests safe, all patrons will have to go through a security screening process before entering the grounds. Unfortunately battery packs, lights and loose wires will not pass the security screening. Thank you for your understanding and enjoy the show!
- Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, skates, Segways, golf carts or other unauthorized means of transportation
- Camera lenses longer than 10"
- Coolers, thermoses or ice chests
- Distribution of unauthorized promotional or commercial material
- Food and Beverage (Note: sealed, individual, plastic bottles of water are allowed – one per person)
- Fireworks, explosives or other incendiary devices
- Glass or metal containers of any style
- Illegal substances
- Items that may be deemed a safety hazard or annoyance to participants or guests (balls, Frisbees, balloons, projectiles, horns, radios, bells, whistles, musical instruments, laser pointers, etc.)
- Large, golf-type umbrellas
- Non-collapsible chairs
- Selfie Sticks
- Tents or canopies
- Video cameras, audio recording devices and tripods; no video recording will be allowed
- Weapons of any kind, including guns, knives, pepper spray, handcuffs, nightsticks or other items
The following items will not be permitted in the Standing Room Only Music Upgrade and VIP areas of the Super Stage during the concerts:
- Backpacks (drawstring bags are okay)
- Cameras with detachable lenses
- Point and shoot cameras will be the only type of cameras admitted
- Flags larger than 11"X17"
- Flag poles
- Personal video recording devices
- Posters larger than 11"X17"
Posters and flags larger than 11"x17" will not be permitted in the upgrade areas or standard general admission area during the concerts.
The following items will be permitted inside the circuit gates and the standard General Admission lawn:
- Bags, parcels, and backpacks no larger than 12x12x20 inches
- Camelbacks (must be empty)
- Umbrellas (small, hand-held style)
- Baby strollers
- One 20 oz. factory sealed water bottle per guest
- Portable, collapsible chairs
- Personal camera equipment (e.g. digital cameras, point-and-click digital cameras or film cameras)
- Any still photography lens of 10" will not be permitted
- Small, personal umbrellas
- Sunscreen (plastic bottle only, no aerosol cans)
NOTE: All bags, purses and backpacks will be screened and persons will be scanned by security personnel. Fans without bags are encouraged to use our “No Bag Lanes” to expedite the process. Guests entering Circuit of The Americas should prepare accordingly.
With backpacks and cameras prohibited in the standing and bleacher upgrade areas, we recommend storing them in your vehicle if you've parked on site. Alternatively, you may check a bag or camera at any one of our guest services booths set up throughout the Circuit. We will securely store your belongings in a locked space while you enjoy the concerts, and you can pick them back up afterwards.
FOOD AND DRINK
Both the general admission and upgrade areas will have food and drink available for purchase. Food and drink purchased at other locations around the Circuit will be permitted into the concert areas. For those who are bringing refillable water bottles, we will have a free water refill station.
The Super Stage is ADA compliant. Please review our ADA accessibility information here or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate.